|Description||The Concept & Matte-Paint Artist is part of the concept team within GHY Culture and Media where he/she will generate ideas through digital art illustrations and sketches with the guidance of the FX Director. This role also covers the area of production matte-painting for VFX shot production where artist will require to generate believable matte-paints for final compositing.|
|Department||Post-Production & Visual Effects Department|
|Reports to||CG Supervisor / VFX Supervisor|
|Job Scope||• Generate multitude of ideas and sketch convincingly environments, props, characters and creatures.|
• Create expressive concept art, on par with the quality of the concept art created through references given.
• Research and collect visual material to define and improve the visual style and contents of the show.
• Create the necessary support or assets for the projection of images.
• Collaborate with the Layout Department in order to determine the matte painting requirements and locations.
• Create matte paintings for sometimes complex camera-mapping.
• Obtain a level of realism based on the art direction of the project.
• Ability to adapt to the show’s artistic style.
• Maintain the schedule and quotas given by the Production Coordinator.
• Perform tasks and corrections given by the Supervisor and Director by demonstrating analytical skill and pro-activity.
• Organize the workload and prepare the presentation elements for validations.
• Communicate and search for solutions and information when necessary.
• Maintain a good team dynamic.
|Skills||• Excellent knowledge of MAYA|
• Strong knowledge of PHOTOSHOP and NUKE
• Knowledge of Substance and laying out of UVs is a plus
• Knowledge of 2.5D projection techniques in NUKE is a plus
• Knowledge of traditional painting and drawing techniques is a plus
|Education/ Experience Required||• Diploma in Digital Media or Equivalent|
|Knowledge||• Proficiency in English (Writing, Reading, and Speaking)|
• Mandarin language would be a bonus
|Software||• Proficiency in Autodesk Maya|
• Proficiency in Nuke
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
• Proficiency in Adobe After Effects
• Proficiency in Substance a plus