Story Lab Apprenticeship 2020/2021 – G.H.Y Culture & Media
An initiative by G.H.Y Culture & Media (Singapore) (“GHY”), supported by IMDA Infocomm Media Development Authority to nurture and grow Singapore’s creative talent pool by providing structured training programs in the fields of scriptwriting, directing and producing, in return for new innovative and creative story ideas, new content creation and higher production quality that is on time and within budget.
The onsite training will be conducted in China/Malaysia/Singapore, at the actual production shoot locations. At the shoot locations, there will be production offices, workstations, and workshops set up for meetings, trainings and other production purposes. The trainees will be directly involved in one of the following drama projects, or others to be determined later. Some upcoming projects include “Sisterhood” 《南洋女儿情》, “Nanyang Transport Volunteers” 《南洋英雄泪》, classic Singapore period dramas from our Nanyang Trilogy, “Contenders” 《狮城山海》, “Notes Of DNA Appraisal” 《DNA鉴定师手记》and “Ability Bureau” 《异能管理局》.
GHY is set up to be one of the core filmmaking studios for the region. We will deliver content to China and International TV broadcasters and OTT platforms from 50 hours in 2019 to 200 hours within the next 4 years. This is in line with the current demand for digital content.
Being a part of the program open doors to this mega content demanding market, China. At the end of the mentorship program, trainees who pass the grade will be hired by GHY locally for long-term work either in Singapore or posted to Malaysia or China’s office. They will participate and contribute meaningfully to our own productions.
About G.H.Y Culture & Media
Our Group is an entertainment business that focuses on the production and promotion of dramas, films and concerts in the Asia-Pacific region. We have produced TV and web dramas and films in the PRC, Singapore and Malaysia which have been broadcasted and/or distributed on TV networks, such as CCTV, and video streaming platforms in the PRC, such as iQIYI and YOUKU. We have also undertaken the production of concerts for well-known international artistes in Singapore, with upcoming concerts to be held in Singapore, Malaysia and Australia. In addition, we also provide talent management services and costumes, props and make-up services in the PRC and Singapore.
We have established production teams in the PRC and Singapore for both our TV program and film production business and concert production business and have successfully undertaken and completed the production of a number of dramas, films and concerts since our inception. As at the Latest Practicable Date, our Group has already completed the production or co-production of four dramas and one film series. In particular, two of our dramas, “Perfect Village” 《最美的乡村》 and “The Little Nyonya” 《小娘惹》, are currently broadcasted and distributed on CCTV and/or iQIYI and have received positive reception and high viewership ratings. According to Frost & Sullivan, “Perfect Village” 《最美的乡村》 ranked first in terms of viewership rating among all TV series broadcasted on TV channels during the same time slot when it was aired, and “The Little Nyonya” 《小娘惹》 ranked third in terms of viewership rating among all TV series broadcasted on TV channels during the same time slot when it was aired for episodes 1 to 17, and first in terms of viewership rating among all TV series broadcasted on TV channels during the same time slot when it was aired for episodes 18 to 45.
The Story Lab Apprenticeship programme is an initiative developed by IMDA in partnership with leading media companies. The programme aims to provide promising fresh media professionals with structured training and opportunities to acquire key skills and competencies across in-demand job roles in the media sector. These roles range from producing, to writing, digital marketing and content creation. Through an immersive and experiential on-the-job training programme, selected apprentices will be able to gain valuable exposure and experience in the business of media.
For more information on the Story Lab Apprenticeship programme, please click:
– Supports the script development processes by supporting the origination or development of an idea for consideration by key stakeholders.
– Identifies relevant sources for research, collates and assesses information from various sources and verifies sources of information, based on industry requirements and presents findings to the decision makers for development of programme ideas.
– Assists with the development of scripts and checks the accuracy of the final written materials and checks for any conflicts with legal, compliance and copyright requirements.
– To conceptualise ideas and possesses an understanding of the pre-production and production process and should be effective in managing relationships in order to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
– Supports the creative development of the content by coordinating the production operations.
– To develop and implement production schedules, communicating the director’s creative vision to the actors and providing creative inputs during editing.
– To guide the artists and works with the director to plan the shot order and oversee the securing of locations, props and other equipment.
– To manage tight deadlines and coordinate with production cast and crew in the planning and scheduling of shooting operations.
– Supports various phases of content development by coordinating the business and creative aspects of the production, securing funds for production and hiring key cast and crew members during the pre-production phase.
– To coordinate the creative production operations including liaison with key cast and crew, implementing schedule and script changes under guidance and ensuring smooth transition from production to post-production phase.
– To manage the end-to-end casting process including doing research to identify upcoming talent, communicating requirements to talent agencies using casting calls, coordination of the auditioning process as well as the contracting process with the finalised cast.
– Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents
– Fresh Professionals who are within three calendar years of graduation
– Diploma, Degree qualifications, or any other relevant qualifications in media-related courses or mass communication with strong writing skills in mandarin.
30 August 2019 to 31 December 2021
Pls send in your CV and a short write-up about yourself and relevant experience together with the following documents to email@example.com
– Proof of Citizenship/Permanent residency
– Educational Certifications/Transcripts and Portfolio (if any)
** Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.